Melts-in-your-mouth Blueberry Muffins

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to this week's post! 
First of all, though we are well into February, I want to wish you a happy new year! May this year hold blessings, peace, and joy for you and your family.
To start this new era we're entering, I want to share a delicious recipe that I've made twice before - a soft, perfectly flavored blueberry muffin that melts in your mouth (hence the title of the blog post). 
My brother has asked me to make 24 muffins, instead of the regular 12 muffins I always make because of how much he enjoys them. He got braces a few months ago so these muffins are also easy and soft enough for him to eat!

homemade blueberry muffins


produces 12 large muffins

ingredients

2 & 1/2 cups plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk (see notes for alternative
4 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tsp vanilla extract  
4 tbsp oil
2 large eggs (room temperature) 
1 & 1/2 cup blueberries

method 

Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Grease a 12-muffin pan. 
Siff and mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, then set aside. 
Melt butter and add the buttermilk. Beat in eggs, add vanilla extract, and oil, and mix well. 
Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
Stir in the blueberries and keep some aside for topping. 
Pour batter into muffin pan and top with remaining blueberries. 
Bake for about 5 minutes, then turn oven to 180°C (350°F) and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry. 
Serve warm or cool in the fridge for a few hours, and enjoy! 

notes

Buttermilk alternative: 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt and 2/3 cup milk. 

The first time I made this recipe, I didn't have buttermilk in the kitchen so I decided to use plain yogurt instead. The batter was too dry so I had to add milk. The second time I made the muffins, I divided the measurement so that it would be a cup of yogurt and milk which gave the batter a better consistency. This led to my own alternative of buttermilk (though buttermilk is the best choice for the recipe). 
These muffins fall apart - that's how soft they are. The flavor of the muffins works perfectly with the contrast of the sourness from the blueberries, not to mention the pretty colors the berries add. 
I enjoy the muffins straight out of the oven when they're still warm, but I discovered that they taste just as good when they've cooled completely in the fridge overnight. 
What I like about this recipe is, most of the ingredients - if not all - are already in my kitchen and it's quick to make since they don't bake for too long as well. 


🧁 follow me on pinterest! @janablignault

And that's it for today's recipe! I hope you enjoy these delicious blueberry muffins that melt in your mouth after every bite!
Thank you for reading today's post, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

"All things work together for good." 
- Romans 8:28

Bye xx













Comments

Popular Posts